Friday, April 15, 2011

Bethel Finances: Kahlon: NIS 700m for 3G frequencies is realistic

www.bethelfinance.com

Bethel Finance news:

In an interview with "Globes" on the results of this week's tender for two new mobile carriers, Minister of Communications Moshe Kahlon said that NIS 700 million for 3G frequencies was realistic. "Unquestionably, there was room for more," he said.

Kahlon added, "The investors understand more than I do, and more than the media and the market. If they decided to pay NIS 700 million then they know what they are doing. I reject the claims that this was an ego trip and a battle for prestige. Businessmen are smart enough to know to enter a business where they can make money."

"Globes": What about the issue of antennas. Should the government make an effort to settle this?

Kahlon: "As minister of communications, I see myself committed to supply the communications companies' infrastructure needs, and I am working on this day and night. The new operators will soon be able to use the infrastructures of the existing operators to make things easier for them regarding antennas."

How did you feel when you saw the prices soar to heights you never expected?

"The moment I saw the price pass the NIS 500 million level, and that the bidders were still there, it was exciting. Today, I can reveal that it was a great gamble to offer two bandwidths, because just eight months ago we didn’t have anyone to talk to. It's no secret that I was fearful, hesitant, and worried. I may have ventured on far-reaching measures. This isn't a consumer correction. When I saw the tender cross the NIS 500 million line, and that the players were still inside, I felt great satisfaction."

No comments:

Post a Comment